THRIVE GLOBAL INITIATIVE: 2030 VISION – EUROPE CHALLENGE
The THRIVE EUROPE Challenge is part of the THRIVE Global Initiative, which aims to enable the needed transformations in the entire food value chain by hosting a series of international pitch challenges. THRIVE EUROPE follows regional challenges previously held in Australia, Canada, and Africa, and is closely aligned with the European Green Deal, which seeks to make Europe the first climate-neutral continent by 2050 while doubling down on achieving the UN SDG’s. The Green Deal’s Farm to Fork Strategy will be central to achieving these goals. These international pitch challenges will amplify and focus efforts to identify, promote, accelerate, and invest in innovative early-stage startup solutions that are creating new and alternative paths for a more efficient and sustainable global food system.
FOCUS OF THE THRIVE EUROPE CHALLENGE
The THRIVE EUROPE Challenge aims to select the best European and Israeli startups that are making the most impact on the goals of the European Green Deal, specifically the Farm to Fork Strategy, and the UN SDGs.
Startups: Seed to Series A from Europe or Israel
Agrifood Tech Areas:
• Animal Health & Livestock
• Big Data & Predictive Analytics
• Crop Nutrition, Plant Breeding
• Farm Management
• Food Safety
• Indoor Farming
• Innovative Food (ingredient innovation)
• Packaging & Freshness Solutions
• Robotics & Automation
• Software, Sensing, and IoT
• Supply Chain Management & Traceability
TIMELINE AND PROCESS
May 3 – July 2
Startups apply to the THRIVE EUROPE Challenge
THRIVE selects and announces 5-10 finalists
THRIVE EUROPE’s 5-10 finalists receive mentorship in preparation for the THRIVE EUROPE Pitch Challenge
One winning startup will receive the THRIVE EUROPE Challenge Award, Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp participation, a spot at pitch finals for the award-winning THRIVE Accelerator Program and the Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC), and more.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
1) Recognition from SVG Ventures | THRIVE as one of the most promising agrifood companies in Europe & Israel
2) Exposure to a global audience during the pitch event, including local and international investors and organizations
3) Mentorship and coaching in preparation for the THRIVE EUROPE Pitch Challenge
1) THRIVE Europe Challenge Award
2) A spot at pitch finals for the award-winning THRIVE VIII Accelerator Program (March-June 2022) which includes investment and pitching at THRIVE | Forbes Demo Day in Salinas, California, USA.
3) Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp (Summer 2022) for max. 2 founders, hosted by THRIVE
4) Mentorship, coaching, and access to the THRIVE ecosystem
5) Promotion on THRIVE’s social media, website, and newsletter (total reach of 500k+)
6) A spot at pitch finals for the Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC)
Visit the THRIVE EUROPE Challenge website to explore partnership opportunities, apply to compete, or register to attend!