MPowerBIO Masterclass: Sources of Investment for Bio-based SMEs
For many SMEs looking for outside capital to grow, traditional equity funding from Angel investors and VCs may not be the right pathway and is very hard to get, especially in the current environment.
In this masterclass, Foodscale Hub teams up with the Irish Bioeconomy Foundation to discuss different financing opportunities for SMEs and startups in the bioeconomy domain.
Today’s innovation ecosystems funding sources can be public, they can be private, corporate BCs, venture capital. Understanding that space, and understanding how to approach it is critical to the lifeblood of any company.
Don’t miss this live session for a deep dive into the investment landscape for bio-based SMEs and your options for accelerating the go-to-market. Save your spot via Eventbrite!
And we’re going to talk through some of the best practices in this space. How to think about it, and how to approach it.
The masterclass offers a unique chance to ask Foodscale Hub and the Irish Bioeconomy Foundation the right questions before you apply for funding.
The masterclass will cover:
- Overview – grants, loans, guarantees, repayable advances etc.
- Walk-through of the different funding opportunities for bioeconomy SMEs (Horizon Europe Bio/Food cluster, LIFE, BBI/CBE)
- EIC Accelerator: what’s new under Horizon Europe?
- Innovation and internationalization funding opportunities for bio-based SMEs
- Q&A and closing remark
- Filippo Giancarlo Martinelli, European Ambassador @Irish Bioeconomy Foundation
- Maja Zikic, Comms & Biz @Foodscale Hub
This masterclass is organized in the framework of the MPowerBIO project, which has received funding from the Bio Based Industries Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 887501. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the Bio Based Industries Consortium. This output reflects only the author’s view and the JU cannot be held responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.